Thursday 29 November 2012

Interview: Cami Stark



What have you had published?
I currently have the first instalment of the hot new series “All She Craved” published; however, the second instalment is due for release on January 7, 2013. In addition, I have an entire series in the waiting.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
Contemporary Romance/Erotica/Suspense (Depends on who you ask)
What inspired you to write your first book?
My daughter inspired me to write. She is a brilliant writer herself and I want to be a role model for her. I would never want her to waste her own talent.
How long did it take you to write ‘All She Craved (The Meeting)’?
Honestly, it only took about 8 hours to “write” the book. It is the editing, formatting, re-editing, and cover creation that is time consuming. Generally it took about 30 days to complete ‘All She Craved (The Meeting).’ The stories come very naturally to me and that makes the writing piece simple.
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
All She Craved is a short story series so, I’m working on the next instalment ‘All She Craved (The Agreement).’ This series should have six instalment’s total. I am also working on a full novel series tentatively named “Dark Temptations.”
When and why did you begin writing?
It’s funny because I cannot remember a time when I did not want to write. I was always told in college that I was a good writer and should pursue a career in writing; however, I finally decided to write when I had so many ideas in my head that I couldn’t keep track of them all. It was then that I knew I needed to get busy!
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
I am currently self published. I created the “All She Craved” series to attract an audience and an agent. 
What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
Editing! Editing! Editing! Thank goodness I have such a brilliant editor. I’m great at creating stories and characters but, editing not so much....
What do you do in your spare time?
I read, a lot! I love spending time with friends and family and doing just about anything in the North woods.  I also love to travel. Many of the places I write about in my books are places I’ve traveled to. One of my favourite places to visit is beautiful Kauai, Hawaii and this is where the “All She Craved” series takes place.
Who is your favourite author?
That is a very difficult questions to answer. I really like Shayla Black, Sylvain Reynard, and Maya Banks in the romance genre. Ted Dekker takes it for suspense.
What’s your favourite genre to read?
I love contemporary romance, suspense, paranormal, and Christian fiction.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just keep writing. I know for me it helps to write more than one story at a time. That way if I get stuck on one, I can move to the other. Also, get something out to the public-whether it be a short story or a novel- and start building your audience. There is nothing more attractive to a publisher/agent then when you come with an audience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment