Saturday 8 December 2012

Interview: Aimee Duffy


What have you had published?
My debut novel, The Monster of Fame which is book one in The Price of Fame Series, a short story in a free Christmas anthology, Isle of Sensuality is out in January and Never Say Never which is book two in The Price of Fame Series is due for release in April.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
Contemporary Romance, though Isle of Sensuality teeters on the erotic side of the line.
What inspired you to write your first book?
I’m a reality TV junkie, so the Xfactor and The Voice gave me the idea for the backdrop.
How long did it take you to write ‘The Monster of Fame?
Thirty days. I wrote it during NanoWriMo last year.
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
I’m revising a full I have with Harlequin RIVA/KISS at the moment I call Flirting With Trouble.
When and why did you begin writing?
I’ve been writing on and off for years. I can’t remember why I started, but I know I couldn’t stop even if I wanted to.
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
I’m planning to self-publish an anthology with two other authors next year, but all the books I have contracted are with publishers.
What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
I’d have said the end before I discovered revisions. They win hands down.
What do you do in your spare time?
Ha, what spare time! :) I work full time in a lawyers’ office and write way too much. I do enjoy shopping though…
Who is your favourite author?
Only one? That’s tough. Erm, probably K.A. Mitchell. I love her writing style.
What’s your favourite genre to read?
I read across them all, but I prefer contemporary romance.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Never ever give up. Keep writing, learning and trying. The only difference between a published author and an unpublished author is that the first kept trying.
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you so much for having me on your blog Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment