Thursday 13 December 2012

Review: "Cindy's Eyes" by James Rudolph


I am not keen on James Rudolf’s writing style. In my opinion a book should have a variety of sentence types and most of the sentences in this book are short. I think this stops the writing from flowing and makes it very stilted.  I also had trouble following the story line and even when I got to the end I had no idea what had happened. I guess a 1970s setting is just not for me.

When I read the description of this book I did not expect it to be all about drugs, alcohol and people being beaten up. Basically this book wasn’t at all what I’d expected and the contents are quite disturbing. I didn’t feel a real connection to any of the characters in this book and they all seemed like bad guys, even Ray. The character of Ray was cold-hearted and not a character you could fall in love with.

I wouldn’t recommend this book but I’m sure there are many people who would.

(1/5 Stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment