Thursday 31 January 2013

Interview: Nia Bradley

What have you had published?
I’ve only just started publishing things, though I’ve been writing on and off for years. At the moment I have published Teaching Tom to Share and a growing series of Sexy Shorts that I’m adding to regularly.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
The stories I’ve published are all erotic romance and erotica, though I write all sorts and don’t worry too much about genres, as long as the story interests me.
What inspired you to write your first book?
I’ve written stories of varying lengths on and off for the last 15 years or more, but never really felt like any of them were finished or polished enough to publish up until recently. All sorts of things inspire me though, from idle daydreaming to ideas that pop up from watching tv programmes or reading other stories and sometimes just real life, with the details tweaked a little.
How long did it take you to write “Teaching Tom to Share”?
I think about a week. I normally average about 1500 - 2000 words a day when I’ve got the story worked out in my head. Though often I put things aside if I get a little stuck or another story grabs my attention.
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
I’ve still got plenty to do with my Sexy Shorts series, though I’m also considering writing another slightly longer story more like Teaching Tom to Share. I like a little romance in my stories too and it’s easier to work it in to a longer story I find.
When and why did you begin writing?
I’ve always written short stories. I’m a voracious reader and very early on I found I enjoyed writing as much as reading, so the two seemed to go hand in hand for me really.
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
Self-publish.
What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
Putting it down when it’s finished. I’m always determined to make it better and find it hard to call it finished.
What do you do in your spare time?
Take my dog out for long walks in the hills or on the beach.
Who is your favourite author?
It changes a lot, but the last one I got obsessed with is Stieg Larsson.
What’s your favourite genre to read?
I read all sorts, romance, erotica, crime, horror, contemporary and lots of short stories often from genres I wouldn’t go near normally.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Consider self-publishing. It’s not a silver bullet, you still need to write well and find a way to convince people to pay to read it, but it is a good alternative to trying to find a publisher that will take you on, if you are willing and able to do the work yourself. There are plenty of good (and free) guides on the subject available.
     Most importantly though, enjoy yourself!
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Just to say thank you really.

No comments:

Post a Comment