Sunday 26 May 2013

Interview: Ani Alexander

What have you had published?
So far I have published two books on Amazon. Emotional Moments is collection of short stories, which eventually became Amazon bestseller and my first novel Highfall, which went live just few days ago.
What genre(s) of book do you write?
I write contemporary fiction. Many say that what I write is mostly for women. Romance and life stories are what I have written so far.
What inspired you to write your first book?
My first book was just collection of stories I had written during many years, so it was basically combining them together. So the real first book may be considered Highfall. The novel is based on true story of my friends. You may say that her life inspired me to write Highfall.
How long did it take you to write “Highfall”?
I wrote for almost 9 months (not regularly though), then the text rested for a while and was edited and formatted in almost one month. Altogether it took about a year.
What is the working title of your next book(s)?
I have not started my next book yet, but I already have the rough idea for it and the working title may be ‘’A Corporate Nightmare’’.
When and why did you begin writing?
I wrote my first poem when I was 15 and have been writing on and off since then. Why? Well I have no idea… there was something inside, which fought to come out and I could not rest before I’d released it.
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency?
Since I am extremely impatient person I self publish.
What part of writing books do you find the hardest?
I enjoy the process of writing books and the writing itself is not hard at all. The hardest for me is what has to be done after that – the editing, formatting, marketing, etc.
What do you do in your spare time?
I try to spend my spare time with my family. But I also spend lot of time reading as well as writing at my blog Life Probabilities.
Who is your favourite author?
Erich Maria Remarques, John Irving, Tony Parsons, Janusz Wisniewski
What’s your favourite genre to read?
I love contemporary fiction and romance. I also read non-fiction.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Don’t wait for a permission to write. Don’t be afraid to share your writing with others. Don’t take criticism personal, since no one can write something, which everyone will like.
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Thank you for the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment