Monday 30 December 2013

Interview: S.C Rhyne

What have you had published? 
My debut novel which is based on my blog of the same name, The Reporter and The Girl
What genre(s) of book do you write? 
This particular book is an erotic romance, but with some dark and heavy undertones. The main characters are also unique and diverse!
What inspired you to write your first book? 
I wanted a romance themed book that was different from what is out there. So, looking at tidbits of my past and friends’ tales, I decided to write a story that is humorous, honest, and self-evolving. It started out as a short story, but a friend encouraged me to make it into a blog series, and then readers encouraged me to turn it into a book.
How long did it take you to write “The Reporter and The Girl MINUS The Super Man!”? 
Almost 8 months, not including edits.
What is the working title of your next book(s)? 
Right now it is untitled. But it looks like a coming of age story.
When and why did you begin writing?
I began writing creatively last year when I started my blog. It was a fun hobby in which I developed a love of expressing myself on paper.
Do you self publish your books or go through an agency? 
Self.
What part of writing books do you find the hardest? 
Writing can be emotional, so letting go or “flow” can be hard.
What do you do in your spare time? 
Other than writing and blogging, I enjoy reading and swimming.
Who is your favourite author? 
I have read so many great authors across many genres, it would be unfair to say I have one, but recently I’ve read this year: Larissa Ione, Stieg Larsson, Suzanne Collins, Sandra Brown, Robert Kirkman, and L.J Smith.
What’s your favourite genre to read? 
I have an eclectic taste, and have discovered a lot of great genres in 2013, from paranormal romance to thrillers. I just like great story lines that pulls the reader into the world. I also read a lot of nonfiction books too.
Do you have any advice for other writers? 
Just keep writing. Everyday you develop your craft and passion for it.
Is there anything else you’d like to add? 
Thank you for having me on your blog, I hope your readers have as much fun reading the interview. I invite anyone to contact me via my blog, TheReporterandTheGirl.com or tweet me @ReporterandGirl or send me a message on facebook or goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment