Wednesday 31 December 2014

Summing up 2014

As some of you may remember, in June I set myself a list of goals for the remainder of the year. Shall we take some time to revisit those goals?

1. Tweet!
I definitely achieved this goal. I went from a measly 62 followers to almost 1,100. I'd like to think I've made some twitter buddies, who will continue to support me in 2015 - of course, I will continue to support them too. If you're not currently following me, my twitter is @KatieLThompson1 - please follow, I won't bite :-)

2. Finish Cameron by the middle of October.
Tick. I did this too. Cameron is currently live on Amazon for any of you who fancy a peak. It is the second book in The Snowdon Sister Series, following on from Daisy. 

Blurb:
With her sister, Daisy, about to get married Cameron Snowdon finds herself swamped with wedding preparation. However, not only does she not have time for a new man in her life, she doesn’t want one. After countless breakups Cameron decides to give up on men altogether. They just aren’t worth the hassle… 

Cute, sexy and dependable are just some of the words that Cameron doesn’t want to use to describe Max Runacre, but she soon finds herself falling for the attractive man who is trying to capture her heart. Will Cameron stick to her original plan and give up on men or will she give Max a chance? And how far will she go to protect herself from the inevitable heartache?

3. Win Camp NaNoWriMo for the second time this year.
I set myself the challenge of writing Poisoned Blue, my first murder mystery novel. It turned out that Poisoned Blue did not want to be a full length novel and hence, I started writing a series of murder mystery novellas. My 50,000 word Camp NaNoWriMo challenge - yes I managed the whole 50K - split itself between #1 and #2 of the Jamie Stanley Crime Scene Investigation Series.


#1 Poisoned Blue

Blurb:
Jamie Stanley moves to the middle of the British countryside to take over the role of Detective Inspector. Excited and nervous for her first day at work, she walks into the station to be greeted by less than eager colleagues. Will the murder of a local business woman bring the team closer together?



#2 Deathly White

Blurb:
When a bride is stabbed to death on her wedding day, DI Jamie Stanley and the team are called in. They immediately pluck three suspects from the wedding party of over two hundred guests. Why would anyone want to kill a bride on her wedding day?

4. Finish Poisoned Blue by the middle of October.
Achieved! I also managed to finish Deathly White.

5. Book Signing at WARFARE in November.
A weekend book signing success. The first Jamie Stanley Crime Scene Investigation Series Trilogy went down a treat - and some of the others did well too. Oh yes, trilogy, I'll tell you about #3 later. 

6. Win NaNoWriMo for the second year running.
In November, I introduced you to Casey Adams. Casey is a fourteen year old girl, the central character in my NaNoWriMo 2014 novel. You will be hearing more of Casey in 2015.


So out of my six goals, I managed to achieve all six!
But that's not all.
Below is a list of other achievements.

1. Deathly White
I did not intend to write Deathly White, but since the first book in the series only made 23K, I had to write the second book in the series in order to reach my 50K target for Camp NaNoWriMo July.

2. Multicoloured Death Trap
Book #3 in the Jamie Stanley Crime Scene Investigation Series. I started writing this book in July and finished it in October before publishing it as part of the trilogy which I took with me to the book signing at Warfare.


#3 Multicoloured Death Trap

Blurb:
The death of Melanie Jess Seymour could have been caused by one of four people. When the team are brought in to investigate, it is clear that nothing is quite as it looks at first glace. One thing is for sure, they won’t be able to rest until the case is closed and the murderer is behind bars.

3. Author Page
I finally sat down and read the Terms and Conditions for Author Central and set up an Amazon Author Page. You can see it here.

4. Christmas Short Stories
Last year my Christmas story Sally's Christmas Cupid hit #131 in the free amazon charts. This year I've written four short stories for Christmas. Check the post below for more on these.

Overall, I think the second part of this year has been pretty successful (in terms of writing anyway). Join me tomorrow as I list my writing goals for 2015. In the meantime, why not check out my website for free extracts from all of my books?

Thank you for sticking by me this year.
I hope to see you all in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment